Teaching and Training
I would be honored to teach your community, congregational or professional group on spirituality and aging, lifespan spirituality, ethics or pastoral care. I am equally comfortable in addressing lay audiences, delivering formal lectures, and in training professionals through engaging, participatory, hands-on workshops and conferences.
Keynote Addresses, Lectures, Scholar-In-Residence Programs
I bring passion and humanity to teaching professionals, congregations and community organizations. As I speak, I draw on my rich experience in accompanying individuals and families in later life. I blend inspiration from the wisdom of Jewish tradition with cutting-edge professional perspectives to frame engaging and empowering presentations. I always tailor a presentation to its context; I will learn from you about your community and event, and design a presentation to achieve your objectives.
Training for Clergy, Chaplains and Professionals on Spiritual Dimensions of Later Life
As a seasoned trainer, rabbi and chaplain, I can help you or your organization gain the skills to foster wholeness by addressing the spiritual dimension of later life. I love crafting dynamic, interactive workshops and conferences for clergy, pastoral care, human service and healthcare professionals. I will happily work with you to design a learning experience to meet your group’s unique context and goals.
Selected presentation topics
- Grit and grace beyond midlife. Click here for audio clip.
- Dementia: wholeness amid brokenness
- Tough decisions at the edge of life. Read more.
- Thinking ahead: advance care planning
- Life Story Midrash: an interactive, healing experience
- Forging congregations for all ages
- Fostering resilience for healthcare professionals
- The holy art of blessing
Selected recent venues
- 6th International Conference on Aging and Spirituality, Los Angeles, CA
- Meadowood Senior Living, Worcester, PA
- Hebrew Senior Life, Boston, MA
- Phoebe Institute on Aging, Phoebe Ministries. Allentown, PA.
- Cummings Jewish Centre for Seniors, Montreal, CA
- Miami Jewish Health Systems
- Alzheimer’s Association, New York City, Montreal, Philadelphia
- Jewish Home for the Aged, Los Angeles, CA
- The Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua, NY
- 92 Y, New York City
- JCC Manhattan, New York, NYLIMMUD, Coventry, UK, Philadelphia, PA
- WHYY (NPR affiliate), Philadelphia, PA
- Tiferet Bet Israel, Blue Bell, PA
- Beth Evergreen, Evergreen, Colorado
- Congregation Beth El, Berkeley, CA
- Kane Street Synagogue, Brooklyn, NY
- Temple Aliyah, Needham, MA
- Congregation Beit Simchat Torah, New York, NY
- Temple Emanuel, Westfield, NJ
- Congregation Dorshei Emet, Montereal, Canada
- Congregation Beth Israel, Charlottesville, VA
- Brite Divinity School, Ft. Worth, TX
- Joint Israeli-North American Spiritual Care Conference, Jerusalem, Israel
- Spiritual Directors International Conference
- Central Conference of American Rabbis Convention
- Medical Mission Sisters, Philadelphia, PA
- Board of Rabbis of Greater Philadelphia
- Duke University Institute on Care at the End of Life
- Mt. Sinai School of Medicine division of geriatrics and palliative care
- Institute for Christian and Jewish Studies, Baltimore, MD
- Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Los Angeles, CA and Jerusalem, Israel
- Society for Spirituality, Health and Theology
- Academic Coalition for Jewish Bioethics